Digital advertising has risen as one of the most powerful tools for succeeding in the digital landscape. It helps marketers advertise through multiple online channels like websites, social apps, and streaming platforms. As it stands, digital advertising spending is projected to reach $876 billion by 2026, making it one of the leading strategies in online marketing.
Digital advertising figures predominantly increase during the holiday season, which stretches from October to January. This period encompasses a series of iconic festivities starting from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, and Kwanzaa. If we look at the stats, from 2002 to 2020, the overall holiday retail sales marked an impressive leap from $416 billion to $5.6 trillion due to a significant rise in digital advertising that contributed to the sales growth. This shows how crucial it is to invest in digital ads to sell in the modern era.
Here, we have listed some of the attention-worthy digital advertising statistics you cannot afford to overlook in 2022.
Digital Advertising Stats
Digital advertising has made a global impact with its reach, cost-effectiveness, and ability to engage more consumers. Below are some amazing digital advertising statistics that elucidate how valuable it can be for your business.
- Digital ads increase brand awareness by 80%.
- Among the U.S., Europe, and China, the U.S. has the biggest digital advertising market. In 2021, it stood at $190.4 billion.
- 87% of marketers use social media digital advertising to promote their products.
- U.S. accounts for one-third (approximately) of the world’s digital advertising spending.
- Pay-per-click type of digital advertising gives 200% returns on ad investment.
- Mobile digital advertisement spending is expected to cross $399.6 billion by the end of 2024.
- Video digital advertisements increase sales conversion by 86%.
- 55% of global buyers make purchase decisions based on video advertisements.
- Influencer-based digital marketing is trusted by 81% of marketers.
- Digital advertising captures 11.2% of the share of the total marketing investments.
Programmatic Digital Advertising Stats
Programmatic advertising allows you to automatically buy and sell the digital advertising space. It takes digital advertising a step ahead to provide your business with a competitive edge. Here are some jaw-dropping stats that have added to its popularity in recent years.
- Marketers invested an estimated value of $52.17 billion in 2021 for programmatic digital video advertisements.
- Today, more than 90% of digital display advertisements are programmatic.
- The programmatic digital advertising market is forecasted to reach $725 billion by 2026.
- The U.S. has the largest market for programmatic advertising, with an estimated value of $167 billion.
- 52% of marketers want to scale up their spending on programmatic digital audio advertising.
Customer-Centric Digital Marketing Solutions Stats
Digital advertising is one of the popular strategies enabling customer-centric marketing solutions. Such solutions help businesses build customer trust and loyalty toward the brand. Let’s look at some of the astonishing stats in support.
- 66% of consumers prefer companies that provide tailored solutions for their needs.
- Companies that offer customer-centric solutions are 60% more profitable.
- 85% of the brands claim to provide personalized or customer-centric solutions.
- Customer-centric marketing improves customer experience. 65% of customers are likely to be loyal to the brands which provide good customer experience.
AI & Machine Learning in Digital Advertising – Stats
AI and machine learning (ML) help marketers gather and organize large quantities of data relevant to their target audience. Previously 51% of the U.S. marketers and 83% worldwide utilized third-party data, but now the focus has shifted to first-party data that allows B2B and B2C brands to adopt the digital advertising roadmap. Research also supports this tactic. First-party data has been shown to drive revenue growth by 2.9 times.
Here are some of the stats that reflect the contribution of AI and ML-based solutions in digital marketing strategies.
- AI-based marketing solutions increase sales by 52%.
- AI-based marketing solutions have an estimated value of $15.84 billion.
- 80% of marketers plan to deploy augmented reality tools for providing marketing solutions.
- In 2022, digital marketing spending in the U.S. increased by 16.2%.
- 61% of marketers support AI to be the most important aspect of data-driven marketing solutions.
Try Programmatic Digital Advertising Technology
AI/ML-based programmatic advertising tech solutions have evolved to be the latest advancement in the digital marketing landscape. They facilitate marketers to build a customer-centric marketing stack and data platform to optimize their selling cycle.
If you are planning to get on board with these latest trends in marketing, try Aroscop’s advertising technology and create an action plan for your business leveraging AI/ML models. Reach out to us for customer-centric advertising solutions to mobilize the cohorts of the audience.