Bridge the Gap Between Your Consumers and You.
Understanding eCommerce Usage & Adoption in India
In the last 2 years, eCommerce adoption has accelerated exponentially around the globe. To understand the eCommerce usage, key influencers, top categories, preferences and primary shopping devices among various user segments in India, Aroscop conducted a country-wide online study.
Here's What we found on analyzing 3,400+ responses -
- 77% of the online shoppers likely to increase or continue shopping at the current levels post-pandemic
- Respondents from Northern states look to save money while shopping online. This region also has the highest (49%) proportion of online shoppers added post COVID
- The respondents from Rural India rely more on recommendations from “FAMILY & FRIENDS” and their past purchases while choosing brands before buying online than on the online ratings & reviews.
- Urban dwellers are more price sensitive and open to membership fees to avail additional benefits than their rural counterparts.
- One in three respondent say that they started shopping online with the start of the pandemic
- Indians shop online primarily using their mobile devices
- More millennials (than other age-groups) are influenced by “online ads and online influencers“ while choosing brands before they shop online.
- GenZ buyers shop more for “HOUSEHOLD SUPPLIES” than other age-groups. This group is also likely to increase their online purchases, more than others, post pandemic.
Some of the questions that the reports aim to answer -
- What factors impact the decision to choose the shopping platforms?
- Which segments are inclined to purchase which product categories online?
- What influences users’ brand choice during online shopping?
- What benefits users expect from online shopping?
- Will shoppers pay membership fees for additional benefits on online shopping portals?
Get answers to more such questions. Download the report now!